R4 A – AIRBORNE AIS TRANSPONDER
The AIS technology is not only for maritime vessels. It can also be used onboard aircraft. But then, the equipment needs to be airworthy. Saab's R4 A – Airborne AIS Transponder can be used for sea surveillance, search and rescue and other marine avionics applications.
Saab’s 4th generation AIS technology utilizing software defined radio. The R4A is software upgradeable to Secure functionality.
Includes RAIM and internal DGPS navigation capability.
The R4A significantly improves the situational awareness in Search and Rescue (SAR) and surveillance operations, and it is also an efficient tool for fleet management. More than 300 units supplied.
The R4 A can be installed either as a stand-alone unit or integrated with other on-board systems such as mission-management systems or digital-map generators.
It is suitable for installation in a variety of aeroplanes and helicopters.
- Selectable level of AIS participation (autonomous transmission, user-initiated transmission or receive only)
- ARINC 429 interface for TSO approved GPS
- Easy configuration and status check by Windows-based configuration software
- Fully qualified to RTCA DO-160D (environmental conditions) and to RTCA DO-178B (software considerations)
- Support for additional ARINC 429 messages
- DSC support
- Secure AIS solution available through software upgrade
- Encrypted transmission on third radio channel
- Generic datalink
- Customised datalink applications, such as download of own situation picture to other secure-enabled units
The R4 A – Airborne AIS Transponder has been accepted by a large number of aircraft manufacturers and systems integrators world-wide. More than 300 units supplied to the world's marine avionics fleets.
|Size W x H x D
||280 x 144 x 87 mm|
||24-28 V DC|
||20 W (50 W peak)|
||L1 (1575 MHz)|
- 4 RS422 Data Ports (38999 series 3)
- 1 Tx 2 Rx ARINC 429
- GPS 1pps input
- GPS 50 ohm antenna connector (TNC female)
- VHF 50 ohm antenna connector (N female)
||Selectable 25/12.5 kHz|
||2/12.5 W (±20%)|
|Interval between position reports
- RTCA DO-160D Environmental Conditions and Test Procedures for Airborne Equipment
- ITU-R recommendation for AIS (ITU-R M. 1371-1)
- RTCA DO-178B Software Considerations in Airborne Systems
- IEC 61993-2
Dealers & Service stations
Saab is committed to support all customers long term. This means that we will support all customers through our network of Sales and Support Partners around the world. New software will be released when new features are available or when new standard requirements call for an upgrade.
Copyright © 2013 Saab AB (publ) All Rights Reserved.